Ramadan is Approaching
Two Decades of Humanitarian Crisis has led to natural disaster in the Horn of Africa
Amoud Foundation would like to say "JazakAllah Khair" for your support last year. You have made a difference in saving lives in the Horn of Africa. The recovery from last year's drought is very fragile. Over 325,000 children are amongst the malnourished. (Unicef May 2012). Over 150,000 people are at the brink of starvation in the Awdal and Salal region. I witnessed this firsthand on my recent visit in March 2012.
- To this date, only 23% of the $1.5 billion appeal to cover urgent humanitarian needs for Somalia has been met. (Dillapress May 2012)
- Over the past two decades, Somalia has become one of the world's worst and most enduring humanitarian crises. (Relief Web May 2012)
- Lesson Learned: Amoud Foundation, with the help of Allah (SWT) and generous donors, opened 21 feeding centers that was able to feed 1/2 million people, and distributed dry food at 21 locations to help 120,000 families in the IDP camps.
This Ramadan, we want to duplicate that success. Amoud Foundation is working towards:
- Supporting the 21 feeding centers at a cost of $6000/month/each.
- Distributing dry food to the IDBs at a cost of $10000/month/location
- Supporting 14 orphanages to provide food, shelter, and clothing.
Please help in the cause of assisting those less fortunate who just wish for the most basic needs to survive. Support a feeding center or distribution center this Ramadan.
"What actions are the most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful and to remove the sufferings of the injured." (Bukhari)
May Allah (SWT) reward you for your benevolence, concern, and support.
Your brother in Islam
Amoud Foundation for Education and Development
14 years serving our Ummah 501 (c) based in Dallas, Texas